2022, May 31st rmac 2.2.2 relesed. Changes since last release:
- ds directive now works with expressions that have undefined symbols (as long as they are resolved by the end of assembling)
- equr has been overhauled and now works with all target architectures
- Label names clashing with register names is now restricted to target architecture register names. As an example, this means that a label name of “a:” is now illegal only if the selected architecture has a register name “a” (at the time of writing: DSP56001 and 6502)
- Printing a listing with -l* now doesn’t print \f characters when printing the symbol table
- Register and Condition Code equates are now not exported as symbols
2022, May 11th There now exists syntax highlighting support for the editor 10x. If you have the editor installed, simply download rmac.10x_syntax and place it in your %APPDATA%\roaming\10x\Settings\SyntaxHighlighting folder. By default it works for .s files but it can be easily changed to support other extensions as well
2021, October 30th rmac 2.1.13 relesed. Changes since last release:
- Fix for exported symbols in ELF object
- Fix for incbin corner case
- We are now offering experimental Apple M1 builds. These are untested, so any feedback is welcome
2021, August 20th rmac 2.1.12 released. Changes since last release:
- .REPT blocks (including nested) now support unique generated names (using \~)
- Robustness enhancements in .incbin
- Changes in optimisation flags strategy
- As of now, all optimisation flags are off by default (previously O0, O1 and O2 were on by default).
- New optimisation flags introduced targetting the 56001
- O10 enables the use of short format for immediate values (when possible)
- O11 automatically converts short addressing mode to long
- O10 (also known as Op) moved to O30
2021, June 9th: rmac 2.1.8 released. Changes since last release:
- Fixed bug where rmac would crash if a too complex expression was entered in a line. Thanks to Zorro of Ghost for the report.
- Fixed handling of RMACPATH environment variable. Thanks to James Jones for the report and fix!
- Harden RISC register parser. Thanks to DrTypo for the report.
- Fixed bug where expressions that contained the star character (*) would be treated as absolute when .ORG is active. Many thanks to James Jones for the report.
- Fixed bug where symbols redefined using SET more than once would be assembled to the last value.
- Emit an error when “.opt +o” or “.opt ~o” is encountered (i.e. no arguments)
- Don’t touch o10 (AKA op) when +/~Oall is called
- Fix .goto directive
- Improvements in reporting errors inside macros
- Experimental static Linux build (64-bit only)